SageTea Software was initially pioneered in the Healthcare industry.
Early testing of our technology began in a variety of small medical practices in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our initial approach was to focus on the processes we encountered and then studied how Text to Software could be used to automate them.
All of the research and technology we produced from our testing is now included with Text to Software as SageTea EMR and SageTea Long Term Care.
Summary of our early results
- Text to Software was first utilized to process patient processes for Ophthalmology. This resulted in a customized workflow including tracking data for a variety of medical devices used in medical imaging.
- Text to Software was tested with a third party medical insurance billing system using web services. The system went live and is still in operation today. We also used Text to Software to integrate private billing with non-private billing under the same system.
- Text to Software was tested with additional medical specialties including Podiatry and Plastic Surgery. These specialist processes were also successfully converted into uniquely customized medical applications.
- We analyzed the workflow around medical scheduling and produced a customizable multi-day view calendar which links to patient records. The medical scheduling calendar can be color coded based on business rules, tied to appointment reasons, rooms/resources with support for email notifications, Outlook and ics (appointment files).
- Text to Software was tested as a cloud based application with medical practices, providing both web based and desktop based software to multi-user medical practices.
- We analyzed requirements around audits in medical environments, producing an “audit trail” workflow that can be added to any medical process using Text to Software. The built in audit trail capability records user actions throughout the system in real-time.
- We used Text to Software to build and test a Patient Survey tool customized for the Long Term Care medical sector. This system includes customized alerts and reporting designed around optimizing quality of care.
- We used Text to Software and our data migration services to rescue an End of Life EMR which a medical practice still needed on a daily basis. The End of Life EMR was fully reverse engineered including rescuing 24,000 patient records. The next generation EMR was fully designed using Text to Software and is still in operation today.
- We compared our standardized approach to navigation in a test with a senior physician. He observed that it was easier to navigate to the information he needed than what he had from his current EMR.
What these result show
- Text to Software is able to produce customized medical workflows at a cost which makes it an ideal tool for medical specialists.
- On a larger scale, its ability to integrate across medical specialties using a single tool and methodology makes it work both for single doctor / room practices, multi-room medical sites, mid-size long term care facilities with potential for hospitals.
Additional Benefits for Healthcare
Text to Software adds additional value to the Healthcare sector with proven business cases related to more general IT related challenges. These include data migration, legacy system migration, data classification, inventory control and artificial intelligence.
Text to Software is easy to train. This is important for the Healthcare sector because the industry has a problem with retaining and maintaining IT resources.
IT departments across the Healthcare sector are in a continuous struggle for resources while needing to maintain mission critical systems.
Text to Software is a low cost / high performance tool that has been demonstrated in the Healthcare sector to produce automated workflows. It is also highly popular with younger generations of software developers and IT experts, which makes it useful for attracting and maintaining top talent.
Text to Software can be provided to IT departments inside clinics and hospitals, providing them with a way to empower themselves. This has shown to be a real moral booster for IT workers who have been blamed in the past for not being able to meet demand.
Text to Software can be used to reverse engineer knowledge from experts. This allows an organization to duplicate key processes that are managed by aging human beings into equivalent expert systems. This provides a way for Healthcare providers to mitigate risks related to aging workers or high turn over areas. By automating expert knowledge organizations can maintain key skills upon which the organization depends, allowing them to be transfered to other workers and repeated across an organization.
Text to Software Deep Learning is able to analyze documents and unstructured data. This capability can be used to identify and visualize risks and controls in a Healthcare organization.
Text to Software Deep Learning is compatible with SageTea Link Deep Learning, providing deeper insights into Healthcare data.